Tuesday, May 6, 2014

ric#59 - J. Mendel

Good morning, fashionistas!  Before we get to the winners from our last challenge (our amazing collaboration with CAS(E) this Sketch!), I have a few announcements.  Three of our DT members have decided to step down from the Runway Team to have more time for their other personal and crafty endeavors.  I'd like to wish best of luck to Virginia, Pamela, and Joni!  It has been AMAZING having you girls on the team!!

Of course, this means we are adding to the Runway Inspired Challenge family.  Scroll down for the reveal of the three new DT members! :)



Our Fabulous Fashionistas are:
Hannelie
Jeni Allen
Torico
--------------------------------------------------------------


And the Queen of Couture, winner of a $25 gift card from Ellen Hutson is:






Congrats, ladies! Pearl, please email me (ourchangeofart@gmail.com) to claim your prize!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Please give a warm welcome to our newest DT members...

In keeping with our Runway Inspired tradition, each girl will introduce herself AND share a favorite article of clothing or accessory. This gives us a little glimpse of their personal style- I love it! :)




Hi! My name is Lindsay, and I am so happy to be here! I live in Northeastern Ohio with my two little children and very patient husband, who knows not to mess with my craft hobby! I have been making cards for over three years now, and sharing them at my blog, Note To Self. I adore the outdoors, camping and hiking, as well as traveling and sightseeing. I am no fashionista, but I certainly love colors and patterns and am super happy to be inspiring you in this challenge!

-------------------------------------------------------------


I’m a retired Legal Assistant, married to Garry since 1980, and mom to Amy (newly married to Joe) and Ashley (married to Blake and the mother to my grandsons, Brecken and Brenner.) I’m blessed to live in Issaquah, Washington in the summer, and Chandler, Arizona in the winter – the best of both worlds! I love all things paper crafting, but especially stamping and card-making. I would describe my personal crafting style as a mix of clean and simple, graphic, and a bit of fun and cute thrown in for good measure. I love to laugh, shop, travel, and play BINGO (don’t judge! LOL) You can find me at my blog, Paper Therapy. I’d love to have you visit!

-------------------------------------------------------------




My name is Gayatri Murali also known as scrapawayg3 at various galleries. I am a therapist by profession but chose to be a stay at home mom to my children. I live in Perth, Australia with my husband, two teen children and my dog. I have been papercrafting for past 10 years. My style is clean simple, bold and bright especially, graphic designs with a technique or two. Trends inspire me a lot. You can see a lot of trendy stuff on my cards. My Blog is called Handmade by G3. My inspirations come from visiting blogs, going through magazine and Aha! Pinterest. I love Pinterest. I spend hours pinning. so if you like to see what I pin, here is my Pinterest Board http://pinterest.com/gayatri/ 

I am also active in social media links to which are there on my blog right side bar:) I am a big fan of Runaway Inspired Challenge Blog and so excited to be part of the design team. Looking forward to design for the challenge.

-------------------------------------------------------------


Kristen Foreman - Kristen Foreman Designs


Tasnim Ahmed - Cards & Bookmarks


 happy everything


Jen Rzasa - Our Change of Art




The design team will select 3 runners-up (the Fabulous Fashionistas) and one winner (the Queen of Couture) after the challenge closes. They will be posted here on the blog at the start of the next challenge, as well as on our Winners Page. The Queen of Couture will receive an awesome prize!



A $15 Gift Card to Simon Says Stamp!

 photo SSS14blinkie.gif




~You must create a new project for each challenge

~Please include a link back to the Runway Inspired Challenge in your post

~When uploading your project, make sure to link to your entry post, not your entire blog

~When submitting to our challenge, you may combine with only 3 other challenges

~You may enter as many times as you wish!

~If it is not obvious how you were inspired by the runway outfit, please explain it in your post. We don't want to overlook anything!



Your projects for this challenge are due by Friday, May 16th at 11:59pm ET.

8 comments:

Pamela said...

You guys are amazing <3 Miss you gals so much T_T

Virginia L. said...

Congrats to the new Runway girls! It was a BLAST to be part of this team! I will continue to see you rocking and walking down on that Runway :) All of the DT's projects are simply stunning!

donna mikasa said...

Welcome to your new DT members! Lindsay, Karolyn and Gayatri--have tons of fun! Looking forward to being inspired!

~amy~ said...

Yay! congrats to the winners and the new girls!

awesome inspiration and LOVE all the inspiration!

Wida said...

Congrats to the new team members...sad to see 3 great designers go. And this week the DT nailed it! Great picks!

Cris G. said...

Well, I'm getting used of seeing fantastic DT members leaving RIC. It's sad, but it also means life and good things happening... on the other hand, I can see some other well known talented designers coming to RIC, which is great. So, welcome to the new DT members! I know I can trust on your ability to inspire me, old and new :).
Congratulations to the winners of last challenge!

Ashwini Rao said...

Beautiful cards, fantastic inspirations. But why is the deadline "March" 16th?!

Manuela said...

Wonderful cards here, wish the new team a lot of fun here!